Planning for a casual hang out with buddies? Or arranging a long vacation after hectic work schedule? Organizing a grand reception or wanting to have a change in mood? Weather information is the core in organizing various critical activities of life. With these Weather Widgets for Android and Weather forecast apps for Android, you’ll stay up to date with weather report 🙂
Nowadays, life has become unimaginable without knowing the surrounding weather. After all who minds getting information about the soaring temperatures or raging storms. It not only helps in drafting daily chores but also makes it easier to start a conversation with a stranger.
Here we review some of the Weather apps for Android, and widgets for Android. These apps will help you keep updated with the latest weather details.
1. 1Weather: Widget Forecast Radar
1Weather is one of the most popular and the most accurate and Best weather app for Android users. It gives information about the daily and hourly weather and forecasts for up to 10 days. It also enables you to know the temperature, the wind speed, and precipitation. Sunrise/sunset times and sun/moon phases.
1Weather Widget for Android has a crisp layout gives detailed and most relevant information. It has an ability to track locations. It provides support in twenty-five languages that make it one of the most sought after weather app.
- ·Daily and hourly temperatures
- Forecasts for up to 10 days
- Information about sunrise/sunset
- Information about sun and moon phases
- Wind speed
- Precipitation Info
- Support in 25 languages
- Location tracker
2. Go Weather:
Go Weather is one of the top Free Weather apps for Android. The Go Weather app for Android provides a real-time weather report. It also gives severe weather alert, humidity, visibility and sunrise/sunset times. Go Weather for Android provides information about weather suitability for various outdoor activities. It provides pollen count, making it useful for people with breathing disorders.
Go Weather app gives you many different widgets enables you to download various beautiful themes. Bonus; your social media statuses can become beautiful than ever if you use Go Weather app for Android.
Real-time accurate weather updates
- Severe weather alerts
- User-friendly interface
- Personalization with 100+ themes and wallpapers
- Weather widgets with different sizes for the home screen
- Dynamic lock screen
- Weather map and radar
3. Transparent Clock and Weather
Transparent Clock and Weather app provide you with many home screen widgets. The font, size, and themes of these widgets can are capable of customization. It provides you with a beautiful graph of weather changes and moon phases for up to 60 days. Although a basic app but its user-friendly interface makes it one of the most useful for the beginners
- Hourly, daily and weekly weather forecasts
- Wind direction and speed information
- Lunar phases for up to 60 days
- Beautiful weather graphs providing information about temperature, humidity, precipitation etc.
- ·Customizable home screen widgets
AccuWeather app for Android has been around for some time even before the advent of Android. Its app for Android focuses more on information rather than style. AccuWeather also provides a forecast radar.
It has a premium feature called “Accurate Weather MinuteCast”. This feature presents weather information on a minute by minute basis. This feature is currently available to most of the American and European users. But the expansion to other parts of the world is also underway. It also keeps you updated with the latest news and videos related to weather.
- Current weather updated every 15 minutes with 15 days forecast
- Information about humidity, wind, dew point, precipitation percentage, UV Index
- Daily and weekly graphs for easier analysis
- Save weather information for unlimited locations
- Future radar forecast
- Availability in 33 languages and dialects
- Minute by minute update with AccuWeather MinuteCast Premium service
5. Google Assistant
You name it and Google has an answer to your query. Google has used this philosophy to add weather information to its productivity tool. It comes pre-installed on most of the Android devices.
Google Assistant is easy to use and for the most important part, you don’t need any extra space for download. It is a free weather app and useful for quick check inns. Clicking the weather card can generate more information.
- Daily weather update
- Pre-installed and easy to use
- No extra space required
- Easier for quick weather checks
- Weather card provides more information
6. Amber Weather
Amber Weather app for Android comes as one of the most sought after weather app relying on widgets. These widgets are completely customized. These widgets also serve as hotspots for launching various other related apps. It provides you with the Air Quality Index (AQI) for more than 20,000 locations around the globe. It gives you with a live weather background wallpaper.
This live weather background has beautiful images according to the local weather conditions. The transformation of these live wallpapers into 3D wallpapers is also underway. This weather app for Android also informs about precipitation, humidity, wind, visibility, sunrise/sunset etc.
- Customizable widgets for the home screen
- Daily, hourly, weekly and monthly forecasts
- Use as a hotspot for various other apps like clock, calendar etc.
- ·Provision of Air Quality Index (AQI) for more than 20,000 locations
- Beautiful live weather background wallpapers
- information about sunrise/sunset, precipitation, and other weather conditions
7. National Weather Service (NOW)
It is an unofficial, free, small, and simple app using the National Weather Service API. NOW provides weather updates. It also forecasts on hourly, daily and weekly on a static or GPS location. It has all the basic features of radar, advisories, and alerts.
But the most important benefit is the use of fewer resources like network data and battery due to small size. Also, it is completely free without any ads and tracking. It has some free customizable widgets.
- Basic and simple user interface
- Weather update on static or GPS locations
- No ad and tracking
- Less resource usage like network data and battery
8. Windy App
Windy app for Android is a treat for all the sportsperson and athletes. This free weather app for Android updates on the conditions of wind and tides. Along with basic conditions like temperature and humidity. It gives all the technical knowledge about various parameters of wind and sea.
This information is useful for kitesurfers, windsurfers, snow kites, and skydivers. People in yachting, fishing, wakeboarding etc. can also get updated on marine data. It also enables to chat with others at 30,000 spots.
- Detailed wind and wave forecast
- Animated wind tracker for surfers
- Different weather models from NOAA, GFS, NAM etc
- Chats on spots
- Sale/buy from spots
9. Weather Radar & Alerts:
This weather app for Android is here to quench your thirst for scientific knowledge about weather. It is a full fledge Weather station available on a smartphone as there are so many features for use. You can see the real-time meter radar on a satellite map and get severe weather warnings.
You can use different measurement units for temperature, pressure and wind speed. Jump across several locations to know the local weather conditions was never so easy. An added aesthetic is the choice of overlays and sizing of different widgets.
- An ability to gather and record scientific data
- Availability of Satellite maps
- ·Choice of overlays
10. Weather Channel:
Weather Channel is the leader in weather information. This smart Weather app for Android is best option to keep an eye on the changing weather scenario. It is only 4MB in size but a worth of features and services. It has a clean interface with beautiful designs. The intuitive graphs are especially useful for forecast purposes.
The most important feature of Weather Channel app is the offline access for up to 24 hours from the last updated weather. You can also customize the data settings over all connections or only wi-fi.
- Small size
- Offline access
- Network data control
You are welcome to share other best Weather apps for Android if we missed any. 🙂