Are you being bombarded by unsolicited phone calls when you are at your busiest or when you finally get the time to relax after hard days’ work? To get rid of such nuisance calls successfully, try getting a free call blocker apps for android suitable to your needs and put an end to them. Some of the best Call Blockers for Android 2018 use expansive algorithms to not just block but also identify caller ID. This way the user has the discretion to take action against the unknown caller.
Best Call Blockers for Android in 2018
Here is a list of the best Android call blocking apps that will help you alert and flag spam calls.
1 – Hiya – Caller ID & Block
- Caller ID identifies people who are and are not in your contact book in real time
- Call Block / Spam Blocker sends unwanted calls by sending them straight to voicemail. Control your privacy with an automatic call blocker that lets you blacklist unwanted numbers
- Security alerts the user if the incoming call is a spam or not
- Report the spam callers and give to the community
- Identify unknown text messages
- Perform a reverse phone search on an unknown number to find out if it is spam, fraudulent, or a legitimate caller
This app is a dialer replacement app which means that you can make direct calls to your contacts. Along with the blocking of calls and messages, it also assists in searching for an unknown number from its vast database. Truecaller takes the game up a notch by helping its users in networking with friends of friends and adding them to their contact list. Although, this same function could have some concerns since you will be uploading your private contact list into the app just like Hiya.
- Caller ID will identify an unknown caller
- Block and spam robocalls, spam, telemarketing calls
- See names of unknown numbers in the log
- Share location, emoji & status with your friends
- Know when your friends are free to talk
- Automatically identify every unknown SMS
- Automatically block spam and telemarketing SMS
- Block by name and number series
- Supports dual-SIM
3 – Should I Answer?
Should I Answer? is easy to use call blocking app for Android which relies on the reviews and ratings of the community, This is one of my best android apps for call blocking. Should I Answer uses the database provided by the users to identify known numbers that have proven to be troublesome for other users.
On the basis of the information and identity provided, you can take an action to deal with the incoming calls. A feature that is in favor of this calling blocking app is that it does not access and takes over your entire contact list, only the contacts you allow it to use. Furthermore, the ratings and reviews could be made anonymously. This topnotch call blocking app is highly rated (4.8) in the google store due to it being geared to the community. Users are vigilant and on the lookout for nuisance calls which are then instantly reported.
- Block calls from negative rated numbers, foreign countries
- Block calls from privately made blacklist
- Works offline
4 – Call Blocker by Vlad Lee
As the name suggests, Call Blocker is a straightforward call block app for Android that blocks and blacklists unsought calls. It comes without any bells and whistles which helps it put less strain on the battery and gets the job done. Call Blocker app for Android is one of the best call blocking app for Android and best blacklist app for Android on Google Play store. It has a massive rating of 4.6 due to it being basic in nature. It divides the contacts into blacklist as well as whitelist so you do not miss out on important calls. This app also supports scheduling, for the times you do not want to be interrupted by calls.
- Blacklist and blocks unwanted calls
- Whitelist so you can always be reached by important callers
- Shows history and log book
5 – Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus
This app is an all-rounder from a trusted developer which gives ultimate protection as it is an antivirus and supports call and messages blocking feature. It is most useful for those who are seeking for both antivirus and call blockers for Android. It supports manual blacklisting of unwanted calls and messages and provides extra features in its premium service.
- Antivirus Engine helps scanning virus and malware
- Cleans up unnecessary data, system caches, gallery thumbnails, installation files, and residual files
- Add phone numbers to your blacklist and block callers you don’t want contacting you.
- Web Shield for safe and protected browsing
- Wifi Security Checks the security of each network and email, browse and make payments wherever you are
6 – Mr. Number
From the developers of Hiya comes another good call blocking app for Android known to us as Mr. Number. It comes without the enhanced caller ID function present in Hiya. So this call blocking app for Android is much more desirable for people who could work without this extra feature. It gives spam protection and gets rid of those fraudulent calls by blocking or blacklisting them.
- Block calls and SMS texts* from one person, an area code or the entire world
- Stop telemarketers and debt collectors before they waste your time
- Intercept calls from private/unknown numbers and hang up or send to voicemail
- Report spam calls and SMS texts to warn other users
- Automatic caller lookup for all numbers in your phone’s history so you’ll know who to block
If we have missed any of the best call blockers for Android you can comment down below 🙂