We are in an age where all of us are always short of time and want to manage stuff quickly. With advancement in technology, smartphones are reaching almost every home and most of the people. Smartphones have become a necessity in our lives and we now depend much on smartphones to manage, remember our important appointments, notes etc. Android Widgets are build to ease our hectic life routine.
What is an Android widget?
A widget on Android is actually the mini version of any application that you may have on the home screen of your device.
Why are Android widgets important?
You can have widgets for Android in different forms and subjects. All the Android Widgets are designed to;
- Give a quick access to any desired information or data.
- Help us finish our stuff quickly.
- Get information most of the time with a single click.
They can also be cool additions to the appearance of your home screen. For sure, widgets make our life easier and they are worth trying.
It has become preferable over time to use Android widgets for easy and ready information with a single tap.
Android devices are loaded with many Free Android widgets. You can easily customize the widgets for Android and you can easily resize the widgets for Android as per your necessity. You can also find some widgets for Android that are interactive.
Widgets for Android are available for free and for some you have to pay. Apart from paid widgets the free Android widgets also provide a lot of features with wonderful experiences.
Most of the time widgets that you will come across through search will be
- Weather widgets for Android
- Clock widgets for Android
- Music widgets for Android
All such widgets are for the weather, time or controlling music. You can easily find such Android widgets everywhere. Therefore, in this post, I will be writing about the best widgets for Android that will help you with a lot of more stuff than only with the weather, time or music. By using below-listed widgets will for sure improve your productivity. You may have some already on your smartphone and some you may not, but I am sure the new addition will make you happy.
Also, check RRB NTPC Results
The thing that you need to know before going to any widget is;
- Some use a lot of your RAM. So be sure and select those with speed and are clean.
To enhance your home screen and to get a good experience, try these Android Widgets, at least those that are free. You will not regret your decision.
Best Widgets for Android 2018
1- Google Keep:
Google Keep app actually keep the Notes, the Lists, and Reminders.
This is One of the best Android Widget tool for handy productivity.
- Google keep helps you to create your notes and lists, photos, set the timely reminder and checks the completed tasks for you.
- You can also or record the voice memo that can be automatically transcribed, all you need to say is “OK Google” and it will take a note or add to the list.
- It brings everything on hand that we need at any instant of time.
- This is capable to sync across your other devices.
- It keeps records of your reminders and so you don’t forget anything.
- Google Keep allows you to share with family and friends and collaborate on your notes with them in real time.
- It helps to organize, you can add color-coded labels to your notes, and you also have a choice of Android widgets.
2-Calendar Widget (month):
The rating of this Android widget is very high on google play 4.5-stars The rating indicates the behavior or satisfaction of many people on this Android widget. You will also find this awesome widget.
- Many stylish Calendar widgets can be selected with this Android app.
- It has UI based intuitive in Material Design.
- There are almost 80 themes
- It works as per lunar calendar and can change it from options to follow Google Calendar. You can browse your lists or agendas, display events.
- It will also give you a reminder of birthdays. It is a lifesaver for you indeed.
3– Clean Master – Space Cleaner & Antivirus:
As the name indicates this optimization tool helps you to keep your device clean and safe from different viruses.
- This has a private photo feature; this features help you to hide and encrypt all photos.
- Helps to enhance your privacy.
- Clean master cleans junk, residue and cache files from your device and frees up space in your cell.
- It also scans for the viruses and removes or block them, hence making your phone safe.
- It also keeps the phone safe from finding fake or insecure Wi-Fi and unauthorized connections.
- Enhances the performance of your Android smartphone and also saves battery power.
It has many optimization features also.
4 – Fave(previously Groupon) – Best Deals & Discounts:
If you have to go through all the promotional pamphlets on different websites, please stop doing so as its taking a lot of your time.
Just download Fave and you can easily hunt for all great deals around you.
What is Fave?
Fave is a Free application on Google Play to tell you about best deals, discounts on things like hotels, spas, fitness studios etc.
- This Android Widgets has daily updates for new deals under the sun.
- This widget will help you find best deals in a moment.
- Using this Android widget, you can easily buy or redeem deals. It allows you to track the purchased vouchers and a lot more stuff is just a click away from you.
- Information related to restaurants and the deals are updated every week.
- The information about Spas is added carefully so you can experience fun with low prices.
- It also tells you about deals for a staycation in even five-star hotels.
- It covers fun-tivities like a yoga studio or karaoke session top deals.
5- S.Graph: Calendar Clock Widget:
There are 500 thousand downloads on Google play store for this clever Android Calendar widget. The rating is 4.6 stars. This Android widget is actually a time planner for your service. You can manage your to-do list for the day easily. It really facilitates the day planning. You can have your day at a glance by this widget.
This is one of the very stylish Android widgets. It hooks into your Google calendar — it shows the events of your day on the clock face. You can check the date also the time with anything that you plan to do during a day.
- It helps you to record your schedule for the day
- To add an upcoming event on widget simply tap on the widget and write the event.
- It has some configurable options. If you want to extend color palette, you have to buy it.
6 -Event Flow – Calendars:
Event Flow is calendar widget and you can customize it easily.
This Android widget for calendar actually blends into your Android system calendar. It informs you about the events in two view forms
- Schedule view – tells you about next appointments
- Month view – tells you about events for 30+ days at a time.
You can select any one for you from eight available themes. This Android widget for the calendar has robust options and you can easily customize it as you like. It ensures a nice view of the upcoming event schedule.
You can buy more themes and control by paying $0.99.
- Month or Agenda view 3 x 3
- 8 themes are available
- Customizable options
- Unlock All Features for in-app purchase: $0.99
7 – On Time – Dynamic Smart Widget:
On time is a space-saving Android widget and it will not clutter up things on your home screen. The best part of on Time Android application is; it has customizable design and icon pack support.
- On time is a stylish Android widget.
- This minimal widget will show only apps that you require at any moment of the day.
- The widget will show desired information with the use of customizable time slots.
- Working: If you want to take medicine or want to go party in any instance during the night it will it will show only at nights.
- You can also select the time when you want to check the news or your emails. So all the desired info can be saved in different slots. Morning slot, afternoon, evening, night slot. You are free to handle the widget, as you like.
- You can create Smart Folders
- Can easily categorize the information and apps
- You can use on Time as a Tasker plugin.
- On time also has a Tasker integration, it automatically comes into action when you need and gives you to-do-list of stuff.
In short, on time Android ensures the availability of data at a particular time.
8- HD Widgets:
HD widgets has 1 million downloads on google play store. The rating is 4.3 stars.
- This widget helps you to add widgets to your home screen with ease.
- If you want to customize your Android widgets, then you should try HD Widgets.
- HD widget is available in different sizes.
- It helps you to put the clock, date, weather, forecast in any particular size, color, and the style you want for your android.
- It has 50 + setting switches, you can use them as you like.
- You can also avail many themes for this app, like Kairo, chloroform etc.
- It also has a free Glass gems theme and it has over 100 widgets on the phone and the tablet.
HD widget indeed is one of the best Android widget app.
Like many other widgets, Buzz Android widget is also customizable. Buzz Android Widget allows you to select from many pre-made widgets
You are given the option to create your own as well.
You can add.
This Android Widget also gives the option to add music.
If you are using Google Play Music, or any other service that is supported by widget you can create ideal music controls widget by using album art. Buzz widget lets you make the exact widget look you want by allowing you to select from color, font, and orientation.
10- KWGT Kustom Widget Maker:
KWGT Android Widgets is very powerful, personalized widget creator. On google play, this widget has already, 500Thousand downloads. The rating is 4.3 stars.
This Android Widget is actually a treat for you to create your own widget using your style with endless possibilities for themes etc.
You can easily build your widget if you have some picture in mind using KWGT.
- This is the most flexible widget creator.
- This widget is using WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor helps you to put text, shapes, colors, any effects, gradient and a 0massive amount of display data etc. This widget claims not to drain your battery as most tools do.
- If you want to add any animation to your creation, then you can try KWGT little brother Kustom Live Wallpaper.
- You can easily create any watch for your lancer digital or analog clock, Map widgets, a widget for weather, text, memory, battery, world clock, changing images and much, much more.
- This widget supports PNG/JPG/WEB Images.
- It has built-in picture scaler.
- It also provides Google Fitness support.
The Pro version also helps you;
- to stop the Ads.
- Support dev
- Import files from SD, etc.
- And offers some extras for $5.org.kustom.widget
11-Contextual App Folder:
There are 50 thousand downloads for Contextual App folder (C.A.F.) on play store and the rating is 4.4 stars.
This Android widget is somewhat similar to On Time. The main difference is it supports contextual groupings of all the apps that relate different events.
What can you do with C.A.F.?
You can easily create contextual app folder on the home screen of your android to have quick access to all the apps and shortcuts that you need.
- Your home screen will have a widget that changes on the basis of your location, your wireless network, Bluetooth is on, if you are charging the cell, or calling, as per the time, notifications of apps, headphones in, or some other triggers like these.
- If you connect to the home network, the lightening app may pop up or have Sonos, Netflix on the home screen. To get a combination of triggers you have to spend 2$.
- A lot of free stuff is also available in the free version.
12 – Zooper Widget:
Zooper has one million downloads on google play. Zooper Android widget is all about “Do It Yourself”. What can you do with Zooper Widget?
You can easily display the data, as you like with the endless amount of personalization possibilities.
You can make any style you want and change the text, the shapes, color, etc. Get date calculations, math support, sunrise and sunset, system info, traffic data, battery information, the world clock, weather, sample templates, custom color, custom fonts, stylish template creation with ease, and a lot more.
- This app does not use too much of your battery life. It also does not take so much space in memory.
- It takes some time to be something and store all your information that it has to display.
- Many free templates are available with few custom fonts with many variables and controls. This app uses WYSIWYG editor.
- You can upgrade to a no-ads pro version. The Pro version offers many features like APK themes support and the Buzz launcher support.
If we have missed any of the Best Free Widgets for Android do let us know in comments down below.